Key Operator – Orchard
Are you wanting to advance your career in the Horticulture industry?
Apatu Farms is a leading Hawke’s Bay Agribusiness focused on growing quality produce for prominent local and global customers. The business includes vegetable, viticulture, and pipfruit production as well as transport, livestock, and export activities.
The Orchards incorporate the latest thinking in orchard design, using systems to deliver high performing, quality driven outcomes that increase labour and production efficiencies at the Orchard level.
The successful applicants will need to demonstrate their orchard and machinery experience (pruning, thinning, spraying, harvesting) as this is predominantly a machinery role, operating new up to date machinery/technology with cab tractors and 3 row sprayers. Other key skills and attributes are:
- Minimum of 4 years experience operating tractors/sprayers or similar machinery
- Be able to work unsupervised and have prior experience in Agrichemical mixing
- Solid work history, illustrating extensive experience in all aspects of the orchard environment
- Opportunity for further career development within the company
- Growsafe certificate
- National Certificate in Horticulture would be an advantage
- Highly motivated, energetic and driven with a can-do attitude
- Reliable, dependable, and excellent time management skills
- Able to follow direction and is willing to complete tasks to a high standard
- Flexibility with working hours and reliable transport
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and takes pride in presenting orchards to a very high standard
- Passionate about horticulture and the business of growing produce.
- Applicant must be a NZ citizen or hold a relevant NZ work visa