This is a newly created role to work alongside our Senior Leadership Team with a focus on maximising yield whilst maintaining high quality crops.
Located in Hawke’s Bay, Apatu Farms is a family owned business operating across a wide range of activities including Vegetable Production, Viticulture, Pipfruit, Livestock, Export activities and Transport.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Tertiary qualification in Horticulture or a related field with a minimum of 5 years technical experience
- A sound knowledge of intensive annual crops physiology and husbandry
- Highly developed technical skills, continual improvement approach ensuring optimal product quality and yield
- Ability to present data and findings into clear concise reports
- Innovative, proactive, proven problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Able to prioritise, organise and complete jobs to a high standard and in an efficient and timely manner
- Commercial skills to produce the best possible outcome ensuring a ‘no surprises’ approach utilising the resources available
- Focussed on achievement of targets and production of high quality crops
- Excellent communication skills, willing to raise and resolve issues, ensuring a positive relationship is maintained between yourself, colleagues and your employer
This is an opportunity to work in our diverse and growing business with the opportunity to help shape our future.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, relocation costs and the opportunity for you to further develop your career.
All applications treated in strict confidence.
Please contact below if you have queries or wish to discuss the role. Director Paul Apatu mailto:mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org 021 244 8804, or General Manager Tim Agnew email@example.com 021 320 598